12/27/10

Holiday Overload

I don't know about you guys but I have had my fill of Holiday food, so tonight I made a chicken pot pie. When I went to Concord for my Aunt's surgery she had some left and I snagged a piece, mama use to make this all the time when I was little and I see why now...its super cheap, easy and it feeds a family of 4 plus have leftovers. I made this for $8 and we will be eating on this for at least 2 days. Most of this stuff you will already have in your pantry/freezer.



Chicken Pot Pie 

2cans of chicken breast(or 2 large breasts cooked chicken)
2 cans of Veg-All
1 [family size] can Cream Of Chicken Soup(use 2 cans if smaller)
1 package of pie crust(refrigerated section of groc. store)

Preheat oven at 350, lay out pie crust to get to room temp.  Drain cans of chicken breast and pour into LARGE mixing bowl. Break up chunks of chicken. Mix in cream of chicken soup. Add both cans of veg-all-DO NOT DRAIN- add salt and pepper to taste. In a round casserole dish(NOT pie dish) lay one of the pie crust. shape to fit. Pour chicken mixture in pie crust. Lay second pie crust on top. Roll edges to close. (Don't worry about looks). Bake for 45 mins or until crust is golden brown. 

**If any one makes this let me know what you think!**

No comments:

Post a Comment